- In-depth profiling of individual, corporation and foundation prospects preselected by your organization. Full profiles, quick snapshots and other research work on a per-profile or contract basis.
- Research foundation and corporate sources to identify funding opportunities for a specific project or program at your organization.
Prospect Identification/Database Screening
- Prospect identification through the data mining of your organization’s internal database.
- Database screening of your organization’s database to identify wealthy, philanthropic, and well-connected individuals.
- Assist in selection of an external screening vendor.
- Analyze external screening to determine how your organization can most effectively use results and store data in your database.
Research Program Review/Audit
- Research department audits and best practices.
- Review of your organization’s research program. Focusing on positioning, policies, processes, staff and other resources.
- Review organization and departmental policies and procedures.
Establishing a Research Office/Researcher Training
- Prospect research training.
- Train and mentor prospect researchers and development officers.
- Participate in the recruitment process for research positions.
- Recommend research resources.
- Advise on the structure and responsibilities of a new research office.
- Advocate for the value and effective use of research information in the fundraising process.
Prospect Management/Database Maintenance
- Help to create an effective prospect management system.
- Work with development staff to create prospect tracking and management systems.
- Work with your database manager to create standard reports that will assist in prospect identification and prospect management.
- Work with your database manager to set standard of data entry of research and screening information.
- Act as a lead in database conversions, vendor selection and other projects.